-   -   Excel 2003 closes file on "save as" (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/207201-excel-2003-closes-file-save.html)

patt

Excel 2003 closes file on "save as"

I have several users that have Excel 2003 and they report that when they open
a new file and then do a "save as" it closes the file and then they have to
open it again. It is not catastrophic, but a real pain. The one I am
working on now has all the latest Office updates and it happens on all
profiles on that PC.

patt

Excel 2003 closes file on "save as"

We ran Detect and Repair as well with no change.