-   -   "working" filters on protected sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/206832-working-filters-protected-sheet.html)

filterdude

"working" filters on protected sheet

Hi

is it possible to lock a part of a worksheet and have a functional filters
on the same sheet? I've tried to lock/unlock different cells, and tried other
ways but I can't seem to find a solution.
ex. (see below)
I have a set of editable data ( this is where i need a filter) which rolls
up on top of the worksheet (rolled up data should be locked and uneditable
<-this sort of work like a dashboard of the below dataset...)

can someone help? thanks!

roll up (locked) Title 1 Title 2 Title 3 Title 4 Title 5
A data data data data data
B data data data data data
C data data data data data
D data data data data data

data (filter this row) Title 1 Title 2 Title 3 Title 4 Title 5
a1 data data data data data
b1 data data data data data
c1 data data data data data
d1 data data data data data
a2 data data data data data
b2 data data data data data
c2 data data data data data
d2 data data data data data

Sean Timmons

"working" filters on protected sheet

When you go to protest sheet, click on Use Autofilter checkbox.

OR, protect workbook. This will allow use of Autofilters as well.

Have to ask, do you have any cells in the workbook that you want to be
changed and saved? If not, just go to Tools - Options - Security and create a
workbook password. Then, if anyone else opens the file, you can use it
read-only and use all functions without ruining the book for anyone else!