-   -   Excel 2003 Hyperlink (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/206679-excel-2003-hyperlink.html)

McRibIsBack

Excel 2003 Hyperlink

I have an Excel sheet with a simple hyperlink. It is uploaded to SharePoint,
so when the user opens the sheet it is opened in a web page (IE6).

My problem is that it won't open in a new page, it takes over the existing
page. How can i force a hyperlink in a cell (or anywhere!) to open in a new
page EVERY time? I've looked at =HYPERLINK() function, but it indicates
nothing on this.

I know this seems silly, but this tool is being used by hundres of users and
I appreciate any help!
--
McRib

nastech

Excel 2003 Hyperlink

try this: paste the following inside of a cell; then click on destination
cell; then type: ),"x")

=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",