-   -   help with MOD() (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/206569-help-mod.html)

nastech

help with MOD()

hi, not sure if need use of MOD, or INDEX / OFFSET..
I have 10 double columns of data, but only need the 1st col to figure into a
portion of a formula. (specifically, FE - FX), have a fixed cell where
designating number of columns to offset: $C$2

not sure how to apply, but think MOD is needed?
thanks

Mike H

help with MOD()

Hi,

I think you need to post some sample data and a description of what your
trying to do.

Mike

"Nastech" wrote:

hi, not sure if need use of MOD, or INDEX / OFFSET..
I have 10 double columns of data, but only need the 1st col to figure into a
portion of a formula. (specifically, FE - FX), have a fixed cell where
designating number of columns to offset: $C$2

not sure how to apply, but think MOD is needed?
thanks

nastech

help with MOD()

thank you.. think if post too much not get help.. tough question, but found
some examples "if" related. I used what would be correct column letters.

=SUM(--(MOD(COLUMN($FE9:$FX9),2)MOD(COLUMN($FE9),2)),$FE 9:$FX9)

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(COLUMN($FE9:$FX9),2)=MOD(COLUMN($FX9),2)),$FE 9:$AJ9,$FF9:$FW9)

My formula I am trying to make i think is what (will throw off?),
but 2nd portion of formula have figured out, 1st portion X: trying to grab
data from 'LO' / hi columns that are stored in a different section of
columns, follows:

=IF(E9=0,"",IF($C$2<2,$EC9/$EF9%-100,
X (everyother col by $C$2: FE FG FI FK..) /OFFSET(EF9,0,$C$2-1)%-100)

"Nastech" wrote:

hi, not sure if need use of MOD, or INDEX / OFFSET..
I have 10 double columns of data, but only need the 1st col to figure into a
portion of a formula. (specifically, FE - FX), have a fixed cell where
designating number of columns to offset: $C$2

not sure how to apply, but think MOD is needed?
thanks

nastech

help with MOD()

p.s.: formula calculates lowest low, (from lo-hi range) compared to a set
point (previous days balance).

"Nastech" wrote:

hi, not sure if need use of MOD, or INDEX / OFFSET..
I have 10 double columns of data, but only need the 1st col to figure into a
portion of a formula. (specifically, FE - FX), have a fixed cell where
designating number of columns to offset: $C$2

not sure how to apply, but think MOD is needed?
thanks

nastech

help with MOD()

correction: mis labeled one item:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(COLUMN($FE9:$FX38),2)=MOD(COLUMN($FX9),2)),$F E9:$FX9,$FF9:$FW9)

"Nastech" wrote:

hi, not sure if need use of MOD, or INDEX / OFFSET..
I have 10 double columns of data, but only need the 1st col to figure into a
portion of a formula. (specifically, FE - FX), have a fixed cell where
designating number of columns to offset: $C$2

not sure how to apply, but think MOD is needed?
thanks

nastech

help with MOD()

I need to externally designate how many columns offset, the following is an
example using for columns that are next to each other, that works for fixed
cell of $DM$6 (what working on needs cell: $C$2) thanks:

=IF(J9=0,"",SUMPRODUCT(EF9:INDEX(EF9:EX9,1,$DM$6)/EG9:INDEX(EG9:EY9,1,$DM$6)%-100))

"Nastech" wrote:

hi, not sure if need use of MOD, or INDEX / OFFSET..
I have 10 double columns of data, but only need the 1st col to figure into a
portion of a formula. (specifically, FE - FX), have a fixed cell where
designating number of columns to offset: $C$2

not sure how to apply, but think MOD is needed?
thanks

nastech

help with MOD()

maybe a: SUMPRODUCT(INDEX(MOD( ?? :)

"Nastech" wrote:

hi, not sure if need use of MOD, or INDEX / OFFSET..
I have 10 double columns of data, but only need the 1st col to figure into a
portion of a formula. (specifically, FE - FX), have a fixed cell where
designating number of columns to offset: $C$2

not sure how to apply, but think MOD is needed?
thanks

nastech

help with MOD()

sorry, see 2nd error in item I was describing, if using this as an example:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(COLUMN($FE9:$FX9),2)=MOD(COLUMN($FX9),2)),$FE 9:$AJ9,$FF9:$FW9)

should say: (AJ should be FX, ($FX9),2 should be ($FE9,2

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(COLUMN($FE9:$FX9),2)=MOD(COLUMN($FE9),2)),$FE 9:$FX9,$FF9:$FW9)