-   -   please help to to select the new column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/206382-please-help-select-new-column.html)

pol

please help to to select the new column

I created a new column using the following formula

Cells(1, WorksheetFunction.Match("STOCK CODE", Rows("1:1"),
0)).EntireColumn.Insert

But I to goto to first cell of that new column which are created newly with
the above formula

Please help
Pol

Mike H

please help to to select the new column

Try,

Cells(1, WorksheetFunction.Match("STOCK CODE", Rows("1:1"),
0)).EntireColumn.Insert
Cells(1, WorksheetFunction.Match("STOCK CODE", Rows("1:1"), 0)).Offset(,
-1).Select

Mike

"pol" wrote:

I created a new column using the following formula

Cells(1, WorksheetFunction.Match("STOCK CODE", Rows("1:1"),
0)).EntireColumn.Insert

But I to goto to first cell of that new column which are created newly with
the above formula

Please help
Pol

Daniel.C

please help to to select the new column

Cells(1, WorksheetFunction.Match("STOCK CODE", Rows("1:1"),
0)).EntireColumn.Insert
Cells(1, WorksheetFunction.Match("STOCK CODE", Rows("1:1"), 0) - 1).Select
--
Regards.
Daniel
"pol" a écrit dans le message de news:
I created a new column using the following formula

Cells(1, WorksheetFunction.Match("STOCK CODE", Rows("1:1"),
0)).EntireColumn.Insert

But I to goto to first cell of that new column which are created newly
with
the above formula

Please help
Pol

Dave Peterson

please help to to select the new column

Check your earlier post.

pol wrote:

I created a new column using the following formula

Cells(1, WorksheetFunction.Match("STOCK CODE", Rows("1:1"),
0)).EntireColumn.Insert

But I to goto to first cell of that new column which are created newly with
the above formula

Please help
Pol

--

Dave Peterson

Don Guillett

please help to to select the new column

Or using find instead of MATCH

Sub insertcolandselectit()
mc = Rows("1:1").Find(What:="STOCK CODE", After:=Cells(1, 1), _
LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, _
SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False).Column
Columns(mc).Insert
Columns(mc + 1).Select

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"pol" wrote in message
I created a new column using the following formula

Cells(1, WorksheetFunction.Match("STOCK CODE", Rows("1:1"),
0)).EntireColumn.Insert

But I to goto to first cell of that new column which are created newly
with
the above formula

Please help
Pol

Don Guillett

please help to to select the new column

See ans in LATER post. In the future, pls stay in the original post
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel