-   -   How can I stop Excell selecting multiple rows? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/206359-how-can-i-stop-excell-selecting-multiple-rows.html)

Chris L 99

How can I stop Excell selecting multiple rows?

Recently when I want to highlight one cell or one row in a spreadhseet
(Office Excel 2007) I find the cursor will only highligh 3 or 4 cells
vertically, or 3 or 4 rows vertically. Suggestions to remedy this pelase?
I've tried re-loading and restarting Excfel but that does not fix the problem.

Roger Govier[_3_]

How can I stop Excell selecting multiple rows?

Hi

Sounds like you are in Extended Mode.
Press F8 to toggle this mode off

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Chris L 99" wrote in message
Recently when I want to highlight one cell or one row in a spreadhseet
(Office Excel 2007) I find the cursor will only highligh 3 or 4 cells
vertically, or 3 or 4 rows vertically. Suggestions to remedy this pelase?
I've tried re-loading and restarting Excfel but that does not fix the
problem.

Gord Dibben

How can I stop Excell selecting multiple rows?

Try setting the Zoom level a little lower.

The multiple cell selection is a bug in Excel 2007.

The zoom-changing appears to fix it.

I don't have 2007 but many postings have made the suggestion and it seems to
work.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 20:43:00 -0700, Chris L 99
wrote:

Recently when I want to highlight one cell or one row in a spreadhseet
(Office Excel 2007) I find the cursor will only highligh 3 or 4 cells
vertically, or 3 or 4 rows vertically. Suggestions to remedy this pelase?
I've tried re-loading and restarting Excfel but that does not fix the problem.

Roger Govier[_3_]

How can I stop Excell selecting multiple rows?

Hi Gord

I hadn't noticed postings about that.
I haven't experienced it in 2007 myself, but I seldom change zoom levels.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

wrote:

Recently when I want to highlight one cell or one row in a spreadhseet
(Office Excel 2007) I find the cursor will only highligh 3 or 4 cells
vertically, or 3 or 4 rows vertically. Suggestions to remedy this pelase?
I've tried re-loading and restarting Excfel but that does not fix the
problem.

Gord Dibben

How can I stop Excell selecting multiple rows?

Here is one such post.

http://tinyurl.com/3wofsf

I found a couple others earlier but forgot what search criteria I used<g

Gord

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 17:30:05 +0100, "Roger Govier"
<roger@technology4unospamdotcodotuk wrote:

Hi Gord

I hadn't noticed postings about that.
I haven't experienced it in 2007 myself, but I seldom change zoom levels.

Roger Govier[_3_]

How can I stop Excell selecting multiple rows?

Thanks, Gord.

I found a couple others earlier but forgot what search criteria I used<g

Don't I know that feeling <bg

--
Regards
Roger Govier