-   -   Excel: Saved & closed workbook. Now locked for editing (?). (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/206351-excel-saved-closed-workbook-now-locked-editing.html)

Rhett

Excel: Saved & closed workbook. Now locked for editing (?).

Thanks for the help with this. I saved my workbook (clicked icon) now when I
try to open it the #$@!! thing says it's locked while "!" (me) is editing it
and do I want to be notified when it's available.
--
Some days it just doesn''''t pay to gnaw through the leather straps.

Roger Govier[_3_]

Excel: Saved & closed workbook. Now locked for editing (?).

Hi
Close File
Open My Computernavigate to where file is Storedright click on File
NamePropertiesuncheck Read Only
In Excel re-open file
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Rhett" wrote in message
Thanks for the help with this. I saved my workbook (clicked icon) now
when I
try to open it the #$@!! thing says it's locked while "!" (me) is editing
it
and do I want to be notified when it's available.
--
Some days it just doesn''''t pay to gnaw through the leather straps.

Gord Dibben

Excel: Saved & closed workbook. Now locked for editing (?).

When you are working on an Excel workbook(file) Excel will create a
temporary copy of that file.

Generally when you close the file the temporary is deleted.

Sometimes it is not.

Then you will get the "this file is locked for editing by username".

Most times a re-boot will clear it up but sometimes you must clear your Temp
folder and/or the folder

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 19:30:00 -0700, Rhett
wrote:

Thanks for the help with this. I saved my workbook (clicked icon) now when I
try to open it the #$@!! thing says it's locked while "!" (me) is editing it
and do I want to be notified when it's available.

Rhett

Excel: Saved & closed workbook. Now locked for editing (?).

Thanks for the information but I had tried this.
--

"Rhett" wrote in message
Thanks for the help with this. I saved my workbook (clicked icon) now
when I
try to open it the #$@!! thing says it's locked while "!" (me) is editing
it
and do I want to be notified when it's available.
--
Some days it just doesn''''t pay to gnaw through the leather straps.

Rhett

Excel: Saved & closed workbook. Now locked for editing (?).

Thanks for the answer!
--

wrote:

Thanks for the help with this. I saved my workbook (clicked icon) now when I
try to open it the #$@!! thing says it's locked while "!" (me) is editing it
and do I want to be notified when it's available.

Gord Dibben

Excel: Saved & closed workbook. Now locked for editing (?).

Good to hear.

Thanks for the feedback.

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 11:59:06 -0700, Rhett
wrote:

Thanks for the answer!