-   -   Random Number Non Repeating ... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/20626-random-number-non-repeating.html)

a_ryan1972

Random Number Non Repeating ...

I have the numbers 1 - 55 that I would like to display in a column randomly
without repeating. The numbers should be whole numbers only. Can you help
me? I tried following some of the other posts, but I couldn't get it.

Thanks.

Bob Umlas

Enter the numbers 1-55 in a column, and in an adjacent collumn enter =RAND()
and fill down. Now sort both columns by the RAND column and you'll have the
1-55 shuffled.
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

"a_ryan1972" wrote in message
I have the numbers 1 - 55 that I would like to display in a column

randomly
without repeating. The numbers should be whole numbers only. Can you

help
me? I tried following some of the other posts, but I couldn't get it.

Thanks.

a_ryan1972

This worked great. Thank you.

"a_ryan1972" wrote in message
I have the numbers 1 - 55 that I would like to display in a column

randomly
without repeating. The numbers should be whole numbers only. Can you

help
me? I tried following some of the other posts, but I couldn't get it.

Thanks.

R Grinde

FWIW, another way, which will change whenever the sheet is calculated.

Cell A1. Enter the =RAND() function and copy down to A55.

Cell B1. Enter the formula =RANK(A1,A$1:A$7), and copy down to B7.

Hit F9 to recalculate...every time worksheet calculates a new random
ordering.

Roger