-   -   Columns of Equal Size (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/206179-columns-equal-size.html)

Templar

Columns of Equal Size

I have a message come up on the screen that I cannot perform a sort function
unless the columns are equal in size. I've been trying to locate the command
to permit me to make the columns equal in size. Can anyone give me a hand?

Thanks.
--
Templar

Templar

Columns of Equal Size

When I say equal size, I mean WIDTH of course
--
Templar

"Templar" wrote:

I have a message come up on the screen that I cannot perform a sort function
unless the columns are equal in size. I've been trying to locate the command
to permit me to make the columns equal in size. Can anyone give me a hand?

Thanks.
--
Templar

Templar

Columns of Equal Size

Never mind. I found it. Sorry
--
Templar

"Templar" wrote:

I have a message come up on the screen that I cannot perform a sort function
unless the columns are equal in size. I've been trying to locate the command
to permit me to make the columns equal in size. Can anyone give me a hand?

Thanks.
--
Templar

ShaneDevenshire

Columns of Equal Size

Hi,

Columns do not need to be of equal width to sort. However, you will have
problems if the columns contain some merged cells. One solution is to
unmerge the cells and then sort and re-merge, if logical.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire