-   -   Cursor has permanently changed to fat white plus sign and... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/206027-cursor-has-permanently-changed-fat-white-plus-sign.html)

Norman Levinson

Cursor has permanently changed to fat white plus sign and...

....and if I bold out even one cell since this cursor changed from an arrow to
a fat white plus sign occurred and then save the worksheet it will hang that
worksheet and all open Excel worksheets, forcing me to close them through
Task Manager. How do I reset the cursor back to an arrow and what is going on
with Excel?

Thank you very much in advance.

Earl Kiosterud

Cursor has permanently changed to fat white plus sign and...

Norman,

You don't say which version of excel, and I don't know to what extent it's changed with
2007, but try the "usual fixes" in "EXCEL ACTS GENERALLY GOOFY" at
http://www.smokeylake.com/excel/vfaq.htm, particularly the /unregserver and /regserver part.
None of these will hurt, and often fix these problems.

--
Regards from Virginia Beach,

Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com