-   -   How do I create a list of sequential numbers using Excel or Acces. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/20593-how-do-i-create-list-sequential-numbers-using-excel-acces.html)

Clueless

How do I create a list of sequential numbers using Excel or Acces.

I am trying to generate a list of numbers, incrementally increased to my
specifications. I absolutely hate the idea of having to do these
myself....is there a way to have Excel or Access generate this list for me?

David McRitchie

There are all kinds of ways of doing this, but what are your
specifications, and restrictions.

Increment by one
insert a 1 into cell A1 or a formula =ROW() into cell A1

place 1 into cell A1, drag down with right mouse button, fill series

place =ROW() * 5 - 1 into cell A1
drag down with mouse, or
drag down with right mouse button, fill values (still be formulas)

If you have a value to the left, or if none then cells with values on the right,
you can double click to fill-down, more information on
use of the fill handle in
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/fillhand.htm

Then, of course, if you know what you want and where you want it
you could do it in a macro.

HTH,

"Clueless" wrote ...