-   -   Sorting lots of data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/2059-sorting-lots-data.html)

miss lynar

Sorting lots of data

We are trying to sort through a csv file that we converted to an excel
spreadsheet. the spreadsheet has over 40,000 entries which include mailing
addresses that are in some cases duplicated. is there anyway to sort/filter
the info to locate the duplicates and then remove them?? any help would be
greatly appreciated. thank you for your responses.

Frank Kabel

Hi
use 'Data - Advanced Filters' and check 'unique entries' or use the
following addin for this:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

--
Regards