-   -   Finding Arabic words in lists in Excel 2007 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/205633-finding-arabic-words-lists-excel-2007-a.html)

علاء

Finding Arabic words in lists in Excel 2007

This question is for the Arabic speakers out there who use Microsoft Excel
2003. I am trying to use the find function to search a list of vocabulary
but am having a problem regarding short vowels. For example, say a list has
the words:
مِن
and
مَن
in it. If I want to do a search for all of the words in that list spelled
من I click on:
Find & select
Find
In the box find what I type من
When I click on find all nothing would come up. But typing in مِن would
bring up مِن and typing in مَن would bring up مَن. Is there a way to
change settings so Excel 2007 will find all words containing من regardless
of the short vowels? This is a problem I didnt have with Excel 2003. Any
help would be greatly appreciated.