-   -   Spreadsheet help (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/205590-spreadsheet-help.html)

[email protected]

Spreadsheet help

If I have a group of equations with answers that are both positive and
negative is there a way to have the equations that provide a negative number
automatically show up in red lettering and positive show up in green letters.

Peo Sjoblom[_2_]

Spreadsheet help

Look up conditional formatting in help

cell value greater than 0

format button and green font

add a condition and use

cell value less than 0

format button and red font

Peo Sjoblom

" wrote
in message ...
If I have a group of equations with answers that are both positive and
negative is there a way to have the equations that provide a negative
number
automatically show up in red lettering and positive show up in green
letters.

Sean Timmons

Spreadsheet help

Highlight your group, Format - Cells - Number tab - Pick Number, then pick
from the negative numbers list.

" wrote:

If I have a group of equations with answers that are both positive and
negative is there a way to have the equations that provide a negative number
automatically show up in red lettering and positive show up in green letters.

joel

Spreadsheet help

You need to set up a custom format

Format - Cells - Number - Custom

[Green]#0_);[Red]#0

if you want parenthesis around the negaive numbe then use this

[Green]#0_);[Red](#0)