-   -   summary sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/205544-summary-sheet.html)

GeorgeR

summary sheet

I have data that I want to move to a different summary sheet. I am bale to do
this but, I would like the information in the next available row not with
blank rows between the entries. This is done several times a day so
autofilter would be a time consuming option. Thanks for your help
GeorgeR

Bobt

summary sheet

If I understand your question, you have data like:

xxxxx xxx xxx
<blank row
xxxxx xxx xxx
xxxxx xxxx xxx
etc.

And you want to copy the data to another sheet - likely appending to the end
on the other sheet but don't want the blank rows to appear on the second
sheet. If this is correct, you could copy all of the rows (including the
blanks); paste them into your second (summary) sheet; then sort (either just
the highlighted rows or all of them). The blank rows will pop to the bottom.

"GeorgeR" wrote:

I have data that I want to move to a different summary sheet. I am bale to do
this but, I would like the information in the next available row not with
blank rows between the entries. This is done several times a day so
autofilter would be a time consuming option. Thanks for your help
GeorgeR

GeorgeR

summary sheet

Hi Bob
Having to do it to each sheet manually is what I am trying to avoid. What I
was hoping is that there is a function out there that would append the latest
entry below the last entry on the summary sheet.

"GeorgeR" wrote:

I have data that I want to move to a different summary sheet. I am bale to do
this but, I would like the information in the next available row not with
blank rows between the entries. This is done several times a day so
autofilter would be a time consuming option. Thanks for your help
GeorgeR

Gord Dibben

summary sheet

Sub findbottom_paste()
Dim rng1 As Range
Dim rng2 As Range
Set rng1 = Selection
Set rng2 = Worksheets("Sheet2").Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp) _
.Offset(1, 0)
rng1.copy Destination:=rng2
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 10:26:35 -0700, GeorgeR
wrote:

I have data that I want to move to a different summary sheet. I am bale to do
this but, I would like the information in the next available row not with
blank rows between the entries. This is done several times a day so
autofilter would be a time consuming option. Thanks for your help
GeorgeR

GeorgeR

summary sheet

THank you very much That's perfect