-   -   Ignore text when sum cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/205541-ignore-text-when-sum-cells.html)

evoxfan

Ignore text when sum cells

I have two columns with numbers, blanks, and text.
I want to sum these two columns (C1=A1+B1) if there is a number in either
column, leave a blank if both columns are blank, and ignore text.
When I have text in these columns, I get: #VALUE!
How can I ignore text and return a blank instead of zero if there are two
blanks?

Example:
IN ABV 204 #VALUE!
IN ABV IN ABV #VALUE!
IN ABV IN ABV #VALUE!
15,327 264 15,591

Thanks in advance.

Richard Schollar[_2_]

Ignore text when sum cells

Hi

Try

=IF(COUNT(A1:B1)0,SUM(A1:B1),"")

copied down

Richard

"evoxfan" wrote in message
I have two columns with numbers, blanks, and text.
I want to sum these two columns (C1=A1+B1) if there is a number in either
column, leave a blank if both columns are blank, and ignore text.
When I have text in these columns, I get: #VALUE!
How can I ignore text and return a blank instead of zero if there are two
blanks?

Example:
IN ABV 204 #VALUE!
IN ABV IN ABV #VALUE!