-   -   Drop dow list complication (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/2054-drop-dow-list-complication.html)

Ryan

Drop dow list complication

In cell A1 I have a drop down list with 15 options.

I have 15 seperate named lists which correspond to the options in the first
list.

In cell B1, I want another dropdown list which corresponds to the option
chosen in A1. Using nested if statements in the B1 "list source" window, I
can only get up to 7 corresponding lists.

I tried using a vlookup, but the value is not recognized as a Name,
therefore it is invalid as a list source.

Is there any way around this?

Peo Sjoblom

This might help

peo Sjoblom

"Ryan" wrote:

In cell A1 I have a drop down list with 15 options.

I have 15 seperate named lists which correspond to the options in the first
list.

In cell B1, I want another dropdown list which corresponds to the option
chosen in A1. Using nested if statements in the B1 "list source" window, I
can only get up to 7 corresponding lists.

I tried using a vlookup, but the value is not recognized as a Name,
therefore it is invalid as a list source.

Is there any way around this?

Ryan

Thank you so much!

Never knew the indirect function . . .it's perfect!

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

This might help

peo Sjoblom