-   -   Formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/205380-formulas.html)

dawnrenae

Formulas

Hi,

I have tried coping formulas in other cells. But it is acting like it does
not read them. Some columns work and others don't. I can't even sum the
column, it reads 0. Other columns total. I exported some information from
quickbooks to excel, just adding other columns but it will not allow this.

--
dawnrenae

Mike H

Formulas

Hi,

It could be that some of the cells that contain the formula are formatted as
'Text' Select a cell and Re-format as general, Tap f2 and enter and see what
happens.

Mike
"dawnrenae" wrote:

Hi,

I have tried coping formulas in other cells. But it is acting like it does
not read them. Some columns work and others don't. I can't even sum the
column, it reads 0. Other columns total. I exported some information from
quickbooks to excel, just adding other columns but it will not allow this.

--
dawnrenae

Don Guillett

Formulas

Switch between relative, absolute, and mixed references
1.. Select the cell that contains the formula.
2.. In the formula bar , select the reference you want to change.
3.. Press F4 to toggle through the combinations. The "Changes To" column
reflects how a reference type updates if a formula containing the reference
is copied two cells down and two cells to the right.

Formula being copied

Reference (Description) Changes to
$A$1 (absolute column and absolute row) $A$1
A$1 (relative column and absolute row) C$1
$A1 (absolute column and relative row) $A3
A1 (relative column and relative row) C3

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel