-   -   looking for fractions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/205354-looking-fractions.html)

Rosa59

looking for fractions

I have a huge table in which I want to want to filter one of the columns
according values that are not an integer. (i.e. 3.7 boxes, 2.4 boxes, etc.)
What formula or function can I use? I DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE THE VALUE TO AN
INTEGER.
Thanks
Rosa

Sandy Mann

looking for fractions

I don't fully understand what it is that you are trying to do but would a
'helper' column of =INT(A1) etc. then filter on that helper column do what
you want?

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Rosa59" wrote in message
I have a huge table in which I want to want to filter one of the columns
according values that are not an integer. (i.e. 3.7 boxes, 2.4 boxes,
etc.)
What formula or function can I use? I DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE THE VALUE TO
AN
INTEGER.
Thanks
Rosa

Mike H

looking for fractions

A helper column with the formula

=mod(a1,1)

dragged down

then filter this and your data column for 0

Mike

"Rosa59" wrote:

I have a huge table in which I want to want to filter one of the columns
according values that are not an integer. (i.e. 3.7 boxes, 2.4 boxes, etc.)
What formula or function can I use? I DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE THE VALUE TO AN
INTEGER.
Thanks
Rosa

Rosa59

looking for fractions

EXCELLENT! I had to look up the meaning of that function, but now I've got
it. Thanks so much.
Rosa