-   -   VLOOKUP (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/205346-vlookup.html)

Claudia

VLOOKUP

=IF(A3="",VLOOKUP(DATA,2,""))
I'm trying to pull information from a data source coulumn 2, but I keep
geting "false" can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong! I haven't used for
long time and I totally forgot.

thanks

joel

VLOOKUP

I think this is what you want???

=IF(A3<"",VLOOKUP(DATA,2),"")

"CLAUDIA" wrote:

=IF(A3="",VLOOKUP(DATA,2,""))
I'm trying to pull information from a data source coulumn 2, but I keep
geting "false" can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong! I haven't used for
long time and I totally forgot.

thanks

muddan madhu

VLOOKUP

=if(a3="",vlookup(lookup_value,range,col_no,false) ,"")

On Oct 7, 12:53*pm, CLAUDIA wrote:
=IF(A3="",VLOOKUP(DATA,2,""))
I'm trying to pull information from a data source coulumn 2, but I keep
geting "false" can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong! I haven't used for
long time and I totally forgot.

thanks

Roger Govier[_3_]

VLOOKUP

Hi Claudia

You are not saying what you want to look up.
If it is the value in A3, then the formula should be
=IF(A3="","",VLOOKUP(A3,DATA,2))

If it is something else that you wish to lookup, provided that A3 is Null
then
=IF(A3="",VLOOKUP(somethingelse,DATA,2),"")
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"CLAUDIA" wrote in message
=IF(A3="",VLOOKUP(DATA,2,""))
I'm trying to pull information from a data source coulumn 2, but I keep
geting "false" can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong! I haven't used
for
long time and I totally forgot.

thanks

Dave Peterson

VLOOKUP

And if the OP is looking for an exact match:

=IF(A3="","",VLOOKUP(A3,DATA,2,False))