-   -   Add-in for principal component analysis? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/205333-add-principal-component-analysis.html)

Ying-Foon Chow

Add-in for principal component analysis?

I'd appreciate if someone could tell me if we can perform principal
component analysis using Excel.

Thank you and regards,
Y. F. Chow

Sheeloo[_2_]

Add-in for principal component analysis?

I believe you need to get an Add-In which does this...
For one option you may read
http://www.bdagroup.nl/courses/stati..._exercises.pdf

"Ying-Foon Chow" wrote:

I'd appreciate if someone could tell me if we can perform principal
component analysis using Excel.

Thank you and regards,
Y. F. Chow

joel

Add-in for principal component analysis?

You can almost do anything with the Excel Worksheet functions and the VBA
programming lanuguage. But excel in not designed to perform matrix
operations. Programming envirnoments like Math Cad and Math Lab are better
suited for matix operations.