-   -   How to Protect my workbook (make it read only for users) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/205156-how-protect-my-workbook-make-read-only-users.html)

DEE

How to Protect my workbook (make it read only for users)

Hello, I've created an Excel workbook that is connected to SQL Server for
data. Sheet 1 has a pivot Chart, sheet 2 contains a detail report. I will be
putting copy on sharepoint site for users to access. workbook contains vba
code. Please provide suggestion on what I need to do to protect workbook
from modifications by users (user should only be able to view content). Also
please provide any performance suggestion. I don't want users to be able to
view code.
--
DC