-   -   Cell Time Format Problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/204947-cell-time-format-problem.html)

SiH23

Cell Time Format Problem

I would be really grateful if someone could offer some help.

I have formatted a cell to accept the time format HH:MM, but when I type in
a value say 3 it converts to 00:00 instead of 03:00. Why is this?

Any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Simon.

Kevin B

Cell Time Format Problem

Excel is treating the number 3 as the third day in its serial date calendar,
which is January 3, 1900.

To indicate that the 3 is an hourly entry enter it using 3:0, or if it's 3
minutes enter it as 0:03

--
Kevin Backmann