-   -   Failed to save table attributes of (null) into (null). (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/204906-failed-save-table-attributes-null-into-null.html)

Luca Brasi

Failed to save table attributes of (null) into (null).

We have a few user who face the error message "Failed to save table
attributes of (null) into (null)" whenever they try to create a pivot table
based on external data saved in a text file (csv).

I didn't find much information about this error but this MS page:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/235889

There is no solution available but the statement "You can ignore the error
and save the DSN. Then you can reconfigure the same DSN without getting an
error" which doesn't seem to be true in our case.

If I log into these users' machines with my own Windows profile I cannot
reproduce this issue. It seems to be connected to the local profiles of the
user's affected. I don't want to delete these profiles as I don't want to
reset all personal settings.

Many thanks for any hints!
Luca

Piotr Krowiarz

Failed to save table attributes of (null) into(null). - lelu

Hi Luca - I had the same problem. Use the schema.ini file - odbc creator alwas creates this file during import of csv/txt files. If You create Your own csv file the import will be correct. You must place schema.ini file in the same folder as Your target file.

You can google shchema.ini - its easy to create one . The file conteins import specification (column names, their formats, imported file name etc.).

Regards - Pet

Luca Brasi

Failed to save table attributes of (null) into (null).

Pet, thanks for your info!
Luca