-   -   suming blank cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/204814-suming-blank-cells.html)

jase

suming blank cells

I am trying to add 2 cells together. Sometimes 1 of the 2 cell sthat I am
trying to add together is blank. When one of the cells is blank it is not
returning an answer for me, any way around this?

thanks,

JAse

Sean Timmons

suming blank cells

Sounds like there may be, say, " " in the cell. So, if (cell1="
",cell2,if(cell2="",cell1,cell1+cell2))

"Jase" wrote:

I am trying to add 2 cells together. Sometimes 1 of the 2 cell sthat I am
trying to add together is blank. When one of the cells is blank it is not
returning an answer for me, any way around this?

thanks,

JAse

Max

suming blank cells

Use SUM, it will ignore text
Eg in C1: =SUM(A1:B1)
[instead of in C1: =A1+B1]
--
Max
Singapore
"Jase" wrote:
I am trying to add 2 cells together. Sometimes 1 of the 2 cell sthat I am
trying to add together is blank. When one of the cells is blank it is not
returning an answer for me, any way around this?

thanks,

JAse

jase

suming blank cells

That works, thanks,

"Max" wrote:

Use SUM, it will ignore text
Eg in C1: =SUM(A1:B1)
[instead of in C1: =A1+B1]
--
"Jase" wrote:
I am trying to add 2 cells together. Sometimes 1 of the 2 cell sthat I am
trying to add together is blank. When one of the cells is blank it is not
returning an answer for me, any way around this?

thanks,

JAse

jase

suming blank cells

Actually, what if my columns are not right next to each other?

thanks,

Jase

"Max" wrote:

Use SUM, it will ignore text
Eg in C1: =SUM(A1:B1)
[instead of in C1: =A1+B1]
--
"Jase" wrote:
I am trying to add 2 cells together. Sometimes 1 of the 2 cell sthat I am
trying to add together is blank. When one of the cells is blank it is not
returning an answer for me, any way around this?

thanks,

JAse

Sean Timmons

suming blank cells

=SUM(A2,C2)

"Jase" wrote:

Actually, what if my columns are not right next to each other?

thanks,

Jase

"Max" wrote:

Use SUM, it will ignore text
Eg in C1: =SUM(A1:B1)
[instead of in C1: =A1+B1]
--
"Jase" wrote:
I am trying to add 2 cells together. Sometimes 1 of the 2 cell sthat I am
trying to add together is blank. When one of the cells is blank it is not
returning an answer for me, any way around this?

thanks,

JAse

Max

suming blank cells

Actually, what if my columns are not right next to each other?
Then like this, in say, E1: =SUM(A1,C1)

Pl press the "Yes" button below in all responses which help