-   -   Automatic count for filtered items (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/204811-automatic-count-filtered-items.html)

mbparks

Automatic count for filtered items

How can I assure that the count of filtered items will appear in the lower
left corner in Excel when I apply a filter to a column. I do not want to
have to highlight the column to get the count.

Thank you for your time.

Sean Timmons

Automatic count for filtered items

Put your worjksheet calculation in manual. If you have formulas in yoru
workbook, they will calculate on filterand wipe out your count.

"mbparks" wrote:

How can I assure that the count of filtered items will appear in the lower
left corner in Excel when I apply a filter to a column. I do not want to
have to highlight the column to get the count.

Thank you for your time.

mbparks

Automatic count for filtered items

As always, Thank you for your quick response. This solved the mystery.

"mbparks" wrote:

How can I assure that the count of filtered items will appear in the lower
left corner in Excel when I apply a filter to a column. I do not want to
have to highlight the column to get the count.

Thank you for your time.

Sean Timmons

Automatic count for filtered items

Sorry for the spelling. Thank you for telling us it worked!

"mbparks" wrote:

How can I assure that the count of filtered items will appear in the lower
left corner in Excel when I apply a filter to a column. I do not want to
have to highlight the column to get the count.

Thank you for your time.

Gord Dibben

Automatic count for filtered items

Don't forget to renable auto-calc.

I would suggest a couple other workarounds that don't involve changing
calculation mode back and forth.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlautofilter02.html#Count

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP