-   -   Downloading Access database table into Excel (VB) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/204792-downloading-access-database-table-into-excel-vbulletin.html)

Steve

Downloading Access database table into Excel (VB)

I don't have any familiarity with Access databases but have one that I need
to download and manipulate in Excel using Macros or VB within excel. Can
somone please help me with Excel VB code that will export a table from Access
to Excel.
Database name = Pressing.mdb (2000 file format)
Table name = Used Felt
Columns= "Mill Code", "Machine" and "Position" etc.
Thanks a bunch
Steve

Sheeloo[_2_]

Downloading Access database table into Excel (VB)

Visit http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11285
--
- Sheeloo

PS: You may send your file to me at after
removing XXXYYY.

"Steve" wrote:

I don't have any familiarity with Access databases but have one that I need
to download and manipulate in Excel using Macros or VB within excel. Can
somone please help me with Excel VB code that will export a table from Access
to Excel.
Database name = Pressing.mdb (2000 file format)
Table name = Used Felt
Columns= "Mill Code", "Machine" and "Position" etc.
Thanks a bunch
Steve

Steve

Downloading Access database table into Excel (VB)

Hi Sheeloo
I get a "Compile Error"
"User-defined type not defined" on the first Dim statement for cnt

"Steve" wrote:

I don't have any familiarity with Access databases but have one that I need
to download and manipulate in Excel using Macros or VB within excel. Can
somone please help me with Excel VB code that will export a table from Access
to Excel.
Database name = Pressing.mdb (2000 file format)
Table name = Used Felt
Columns= "Mill Code", "Machine" and "Position" etc.
Thanks a bunch
Steve

Ron de Bruin

Downloading Access database table into Excel (VB)

See also
http://www.rondebruin.nl/accessexcel.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Steve" wrote in message ...
I don't have any familiarity with Access databases but have one that I need
to download and manipulate in Excel using Macros or VB within excel. Can
somone please help me with Excel VB code that will export a table from Access
to Excel.
Database name = Pressing.mdb (2000 file format)
Table name = Used Felt
Columns= "Mill Code", "Machine" and "Position" etc.
Thanks a bunch
Steve

Steve

Downloading Access database table into Excel (VB)

Ron
I appreciate the help! I will work with your download example and try to
understand the logic but it look like it will do the trick. Again, thanks a
lot.
Steve

"Steve" wrote in message ...
I don't have any familiarity with Access databases but have one that I need
to download and manipulate in Excel using Macros or VB within excel. Can
somone please help me with Excel VB code that will export a table from Access
to Excel.
Database name = Pressing.mdb (2000 file format)
Table name = Used Felt
Columns= "Mill Code", "Machine" and "Position" etc.
Thanks a bunch
Steve

Steve

Downloading Access database table into Excel (VB)

Sheeloo
Thanks for help but I have a question re "wsBlad" in your code. What is this?
For lnCount = 0 To lnNumberOfField - 1
wsBlad.Cells(1, lnCount + 1).Value = rst.Fields(lnCount).Name
Next lnCount
Thanks again
Steve