-   -   Copy and paste same text in multiple fields- excel 2007 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/204767-copy-paste-same-text-multiple-fields-excel-2007-a.html)

Copy and paste same text in multiple fields- excel 2007

I have excel 2007 and want to be able to insert the same text into hundreds
of cells. Right now I'm highlighting the text and using the drag and drop
method. Is there an easier way.

Example- the word test. How would I copy that word into 400 plus cells at
the same time.

Thanks.

Dave Peterson

Copy and paste same text in multiple fields- excel 2007

You can select the range (F5 or ctrl-g may help you if you know the address),
then type the value and hit ctrl-enter (instead of enter) to fill the selection.

--

Dave Peterson

David Biddulph[_2_]

Copy and paste same text in multiple fields- excel 2007

I'd be surprised if you can't do it the same as in Excel 2003. Having put it
in one cell, copy, then select your 400 cells & paste.
--
David Biddulph

"G" wrote in message
I have excel 2007 and want to be able to insert the same text into hundreds
of cells. Right now I'm highlighting the text and using the drag and drop
method. Is there an easier way.

Example- the word test. How would I copy that word into 400 plus cells at
the same time.

Thanks.

vikram mundra

Copy and paste same text in multiple fields- excel 2007

Yes you can do it. There is no need to name a range. Select the cells in
which you want to enter the same text.

Type your name in the function bar and press ctrl+enter.

"G" wrote:

I have excel 2007 and want to be able to insert the same text into hundreds
of cells. Right now I'm highlighting the text and using the drag and drop
method. Is there an easier way.

Example- the word test. How would I copy that word into 400 plus cells at
the same time.

Thanks.

Copy and paste same text in multiple fields- excel 2007

Thank you for the solution. That makes it a whole lot easier than holding the
mouse and dragging the data all the way down.