-   -   .XLSM AUTOMATICALLY ADDED TO FILENAME (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/204659-xlsm-automatically-added-filename.html)

La

.XLSM AUTOMATICALLY ADDED TO FILENAME

I am getting the .xlsm automatically added to my filename. Therefore,
filename is report123.xls.xlsm. What is causing this and how do I turn it
off?

Thanks!

Sean Timmons

.XLSM AUTOMATICALLY ADDED TO FILENAME

Sounds like it's the Save Excel files as..

Go to Tools - Options - Transition tab.

Save Excel files as: should be Microsoft Office Excel Workbook.