-   -   Additional characters in filename (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/204650-additional-characters-filename.html)

Lance

Additional characters in filename

I've been working with a large multi-sheet (25) worksheet and doing "save-as"
to save my work. No when I open the file two worksheets open simultaneously
with the same file name and the designation ":1" and ":2" after them. How do
I get this file so that it only opens one view of the file and gets rid of
the ":1" and ":2".
Any help is appreciated. I

RagDyeR

Additional characters in filename

You've opened an additional window to the WS.

Close either one, and then *save* the file so that the extra window is not
retained.

A <Ctrl <W will close the one displayed, and you'll see the suffix number
disappear, then <Save.

This is a feature to have multiple windows of the same file opened at the
same time.

To intentionally create these windows:

<Window <New Window
Then
<Window <Arrange
And choose your display option.

You can open multiple windows if you desire.
--

HTH,

RD

"Lance" wrote in message
I've been working with a large multi-sheet (25) worksheet and doing
"save-as"
to save my work. No when I open the file two worksheets open simultaneously
with the same file name and the designation ":1" and ":2" after them. How do
I get this file so that it only opens one view of the file and gets rid of
the ":1" and ":2".
Any help is appreciated. I

Lance

Additional characters in filename

Thank you, I appreciate your response, you are incredibly considerate.

"Lance" wrote:

I've been working with a large multi-sheet (25) worksheet and doing "save-as"
to save my work. No when I open the file two worksheets open simultaneously
with the same file name and the designation ":1" and ":2" after them. How do
I get this file so that it only opens one view of the file and gets rid of
the ":1" and ":2".
Any help is appreciated. I

RagDyeR

Additional characters in filename

You're welcome, and appreciate the feed-back.

RD