-   -   Undo, Redo Excel 2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/204622-undo-redo-excel-2003-a.html)

zvg

Undo, Redo Excel 2003

After an update from XP(Pro) SP2 to SP3 and the last automatics updates from
Microsoft, I verified that the €œUndo€ on my Excel 2003 is always €œoff€
(Contrl+Z has no effect either). When editing any cell, €œUndo€ lights €œon€
and works OK on the editing fase (not very useful €“ €œEsc€ reverts to original
cell value) .
How can I reactivate the €œUndo€/€Redo€ for other Excel actions?
--
Regards
ZVG

Dave Peterson

Undo, Redo Excel 2003

One of the side effects of macros is that they (usually) kill the undo/redo
stack.

Any chance that you have an event macro that's firing when you make a change?

Another suggestion...

There's a setting in the windows registry that tells excel how many undo levels
to keep track of--maybe it was set to 0.

xl2k and above
XL: How to Modify the Number of Undo Levels
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=211922

xl97
XL97: How to Modify the Number of Undo Levels
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=162944