-   -   Work order system (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/204555-work-order-system.html)

UGLY

Work order system

How does one create a workbork where the data (Text) entered can fill in
blanks on another form (I have some already created in MS word) which can be
printed out. In my proposed application you would open the "master workbook"
and enter in the data which in my case is mostly text, this data is
permanent. This data appears in the cells of another application such as the
word templates I already created and can be printed out. THe data that
appears in the slave document does not have to be saved because it appears in
the master. These slave documents that already exist are "work orders" that
technicians fill out (with ink, on the shop floor). The slave documents have
many cells for job related data that do not have to appear on the master. I
plan to scan these documents when complete and create a hyperlink? so I can
view them in the future if I need to.

--
UGLY