-   -   When I hit enter, why is the current cell highlighted? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/204417-when-i-hit-enter-why-current-cell-highlighted.html)

Mana

When I hit enter, why is the current cell highlighted?

I am new to Vista and this seems like the dumbest question ever, but when I
hit enter, the current cell is remaining highlighted instead of dropping down
to the next cell, why? How can I fix it? I don't want to have to arrow

Fred Smith[_4_]

When I hit enter, why is the current cell highlighted?

It's an option the user can specify. Go to:

Office buttonExcel OptionsAdvanced

Regards,
Fred.