-   -   Conditional formatting with dates (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/204414-conditional-formatting-dates.html)

Kathrine

Conditional formatting with dates

I want some of my cells to automatically change color by conditional formating.

1 condition for coloring/formating is that a separte cell on the spreadsheet
contains a date that is older than today....past time.

How can I write this condition?

Gaurav[_3_]

Conditional formatting with dates

Go to Format | Conditional Formatting

in the first drop dpwn select Formula Is

in the second box type =$C$2<TODAY()

(C2 is the cell that contains the date)

Click Format | Patterns Tab | Select the color.

hope this helps.

"Kathrine" wrote in message
I want some of my cells to automatically change color by conditional
formating.

1 condition for coloring/formating is that a separte cell on the
spreadsheet
contains a date that is older than today....past time.

How can I write this condition?

Syrena

Conditional formatting with dates

I used this formula to keep track of when documents are past-due. If this is
true, it's set to format the background of the cell in red.

=E3<TODAY()

Hope this helps!

Syrena