-   -   switch rows and column data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/204413-switch-rows-column-data.html)

culbie

switch rows and column data

i created a long spreadsheet for my boss. I have dates going across the rows
and names going down the column.

We want to switch so dates are going down the rows and names go across the
columns

is there an easy to switch the data so i do not have to retype the data?

thank you for your help

Jim Thomlinson

switch rows and column data

Copy the data. Select Paste Special... and check Transpose
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"culbie" wrote:

i created a long spreadsheet for my boss. I have dates going across the rows
and names going down the column.

We want to switch so dates are going down the rows and names go across the
columns

is there an easy to switch the data so i do not have to retype the data?

thank you for your help

ShaneDevenshire

switch rows and column data

Hi,

Just in case you don't know where that command is:

2007: Home, Paste, Paste Special, Transpose
2002-2003: Open the Paste button drop down and choose Transpose
<=2000: Choose Edit, Paste Special, and check Transpose.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire