-   -   cooking measements in excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/204187-cooking-measements-excel.html)

caldwellszoo

cooking measements in excel

Is ther a way to calculate cooking measements in excel?

Fred Smith[_4_]

cooking measements in excel

Certainly. The same way you do it on paper. What calculations are you
looking to do?

Regards,
Fred.

"caldwellszoo" wrote in message
Is ther a way to calculate cooking measements in excel?

Peo Sjoblom

cooking measements in excel

If you want to convert look at the CONVERT function in help, it is part of
the ATP (Analysis ToolPak) and comes with all office/excel CDs. I use it a
lot since I am metric but I live in the US at the moment

Peo Sjoblom

"Fred Smith" wrote in message
Certainly. The same way you do it on paper. What calculations are you
looking to do?

Regards,
Fred.

"caldwellszoo" wrote in message
Is ther a way to calculate cooking measements in excel?

James Silverton[_3_]

"Fred Smith" wrote in message
Certainly. The same way you do it on paper. What calculations
are you looking to do?

Regards,
Fred.

"caldwellszoo" wrote
in message ...
Is ther a way to calculate cooking measements in excel?

I think a major problem exists because recipes in the US use volumes
like cups, table and teaspoons etc. and weight measurements, as are
common in Europe, cannot be converted directly unless you know the
weight of a particular volume of an ingredient. A cup of sugar has a
different weight from a cup of flour. There are tables of equivalences
but they may be hard to find. Accurate scales are not common in US
kitchens.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

caldwellszoo

cooking measements in excel

I am looking for calculations to convrt teaspoon measure to tablespoon, cup,
pound etc.

"Fred Smith" wrote:

Certainly. The same way you do it on paper. What calculations are you
looking to do?

Regards,
Fred.

"caldwellszoo" wrote in message
Is ther a way to calculate cooking measements in excel?

Fred Smith[_4_]

cooking measements in excel

As has already been pointed out, use the Convert function.