-   -   cell contents ##### help (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/204124-cell-contents-help.html)

Adam

cell contents ##### help

I have a somewhat long description that I need to go into a spreadsheet
(approx 5 sent. long). The contents come up as #### when I enter it. I have
tried adjusting the cell row/height/wrapping text. Is there another way to
get the cell to show the content? Please help.

Sean Timmons

cell contents ##### help

Check formatting.. format - cells - depending on what you're entering.. Text
is better than General for text...

"adam" wrote:

I have a somewhat long description that I need to go into a spreadsheet
(approx 5 sent. long). The contents come up as #### when I enter it. I have
tried adjusting the cell row/height/wrapping text. Is there another way to
get the cell to show the content? Please help.

Adam

cell contents ##### help

Thanks! Actually we were on text but I didn't even think about it and
changed it back to general to see and that fixed it and it did so....PROBLEM
SOLVED!

"adam" wrote:

I have a somewhat long description that I need to go into a spreadsheet
(approx 5 sent. long). The contents come up as #### when I enter it. I have
tried adjusting the cell row/height/wrapping text. Is there another way to
get the cell to show the content? Please help.

Dave Peterson

cell contents ##### help

Try changing the format of the cell from Text to General.

--

Dave Peterson