-   -   Protecting Multiple Sheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/20404-protecting-multiple-sheets.html)

pjd

Protecting Multiple Sheets

Hi

I have a workbook with 60 sheets in it. I need to protect 52 sheets only.

Is there a way I can do this collectively instead of each one individaully??

Cheers
--
All help much appreciated.

Thanks

JulieD

Hi

one way is to run the following code:
---
Sub ProtectAll()
For Each ws In Sheets
ws.Protect ("pwd")
Next

Set sh = ActiveSheet
varr = Array("Sheet1", "sheet3")
For i = LBound(varr) To UBound(varr)
With Worksheets(varr(i))
.Activate
.Unprotect ("pwd")
End With
Next
sh.Activate
in the line
varr = Array("Sheet1", "sheet3")
list the names of the sheets you do not want protected.

note: this code applies a password of pwd to the protected sheets - if you
want another password just replace pwd (in 2 places) with the password you
want, if you don't want a password just delete the ("pwd") bit.

to use this code, right mouse click on any sheet tab, choose view code, to
display the vbe window, choose insert / module, copy & paste the code in
there, make the changes and then use ALT & F11 to switch back to your
workbook. Choose tools / macro / macros, find Protect all and choose RUN

--
Cheers
JulieD