Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Logical Test on Date value

I'm using the IF function and want the logical test to check whether a date
value is greater than another date; I can do this if I store the 2nd date in
another cell but would like to type directly into the formula. I've tried
B301/01/2008 in several different ways and also used the date function as
part of the logical test but it does not return the correct result.

Is there a trick to this or do I have to refer to another cell for dates? No
problem with doing this I just think I should be able to do it 'directly'
Thanks for any help (I'm using 2007 but the same result occurs in 2000)
Sheila