-   -   maximum formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/203938-maximum-formula.html)

excelguy[_2_]

maximum formula

I created to 2 columns one next to the other called Mode and Age. I want to
create a formula so that the value in column Age will appear only if the
maximum value in the Mode column is on the same row.

Sheeloo[_2_]

maximum formula

Assuming mode is in COL A and age in Col B, row 1 is header

Enter this in B2 and copy down;
=IF(MAX($A$2:$A$100)=A2,A2,"")

Change 100 to your last row...

"excelguy" wrote:

I created to 2 columns one next to the other called Mode and Age. I want to
create a formula so that the value in column Age will appear only if the
maximum value in the Mode column is on the same row.

Graciegirl

maximum formula

=IF(B20,A2,"")

based on Age as a number in column A
based on Mode in column B based on a number greater than 0 (if zero or
empty, will leave the cell blank.
--
Gracie