-   -   BASIC EXCEL DOC NOT OPENING (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/203648-basic-excel-doc-not-opening.html)

JoeM[_3_]

BASIC EXCEL DOC NOT OPENING

i AM USEING EXCEL IN OFFICE2003 UNDERS A WIN XP OS. Whenever I go into my
Outlook and get a message with an excel document in it and try to open it, it
does not work. I have to save it locally then open excel and then search for
the document and select open for it to open it. How can I get it to just open
it like it does for me when I get a word document??

Thank you
JoeM

Gord Dibben

BASIC EXCEL DOC NOT OPENING

One usual fix for this is in Excel

ToolsOptionsGeneral and uncheck "ignore other applications"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP