-   -   Excel, copying a cell from one worksheet to another (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/203572-excel-copying-cell-one-worksheet-another.html)

Richard

Excel, copying a cell from one worksheet to another

I get this message when trying to copy a cell from one workbook to another.
Data on the clipboard is not the same size or shape as the selected area.

Mike H

Excel, copying a cell from one worksheet to another

Hi,

Select a single cell on the destination worksheet and then paste.

Mike

"Richard" wrote:

I get this message when trying to copy a cell from one workbook to another.
Data on the clipboard is not the same size or shape as the selected area.

Richard

Excel, copying a cell from one worksheet to another

I didn't do a good job of explaining. I am trying to copy one cell a
worksheet and place it in multiple joining cells in another worksheet. That
is when I get the "Data on the clipboard is not the same size or shape as the
selected area." message.
Thanks