-   -   Sorting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/203524-sorting.html)

reedsm

Sorting

I have a detailed worksheet that has multiple columns.It looks like below
with the figures filled in under each heading. These represent columns a-f.
Then in column g and h I have some totals.Columns I-M pull the codes and
amounts from columns a-f and total them. I am trying to sort a selected range
a-f without effecting the other column data. Everytime I select a-f only and
try to sort it grabs the other coulmns as well and scrambles their data. But
I am able to sort I-M only and sort and that works fine. Any suggestions?

Order Dt Code Company Item Cleared Amt Encumbered Amt