-   -   convert serial date format to normal date format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/203493-convert-serial-date-format-normal-date-format.html)

Flagworld

convert serial date format to normal date format

A spreadsheet of mine seems to have chnaged the date format into serial form.
I cannot work out how to chnage it back to dd/mm/yy format

Rick Rothstein

convert serial date format to normal date format

Format/Cells on the menu bar; Number tab on the dialog box; Custom from the
Category list... type dd/mm/yy into the Type field.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Flagworld" wrote in message
A spreadsheet of mine seems to have chnaged the date format into serial
form.
I cannot work out how to chnage it back to dd/mm/yy format

Stefi

convert serial date format to normal date format

Maybe your date cells format changed to General. Re-format them to the
desired date format (FormatCellsNumber tagDate category)

Regards,
Stefi

Flagworld ezt *rta:

A spreadsheet of mine seems to have chnaged the date format into serial form.
I cannot work out how to chnage it back to dd/mm/yy format

Dave Peterson

convert serial date format to normal date format

If you see that serial number in the formulabar, then I bet you're looking at
formulas:

tools|options|view tab|uncheck formulas
(xl2003 menus)

You can also hit
ctrl-`
(control backquote, the key to the left of the 1/! on my USA keyboard)