-   -   Need more rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/203412-need-more-rows.html)

lindsey

Need more rows

I have a lot of data and I need about 300K rows, is there a way I can get
more? Thanks!

FSt1

Need more rows

hi
if you have 2007 then you have 1,048,576 rows and 16,384 columns.
if you have 2003 or lower, then you have 65536 and 256 columns and no way to
increase that.

regards
FSt1

"Lindsey" wrote:

I have a lot of data and I need about 300K rows, is there a way I can get
more? Thanks!

Michelle Mathews

Need more rows

Hi Lindsay,
What version of Excel are you using?
Excel 2003 has 65,536 rows
Excel 2007 has 1,048,576 rows
--
Regards

Michelle Mathews
MCT, MCASI, MMI, IC3 AI, JEB TDip ITS, JEB TDip ITA, MITBTI

"Lindsey" wrote:

I have a lot of data and I need about 300K rows, is there a way I can get
more? Thanks!

Mike H

Need more rows

Buy Excel 2007

"Lindsey" wrote:

I have a lot of data and I need about 300K rows, is there a way I can get
more? Thanks!

lindsey

Need more rows

Yes, I have the 2003. I wish I had 2007, but it is not my choice. :(

"Mike H" wrote:

Buy Excel 2007

"Lindsey" wrote:

I have a lot of data and I need about 300K rows, is there a way I can get
more? Thanks!

Mike H

Need more rows

Then you'll have to do with the rows you have

"Lindsey" wrote:

Yes, I have the 2003. I wish I had 2007, but it is not my choice. :(

"Mike H" wrote:

Buy Excel 2007

"Lindsey" wrote:

I have a lot of data and I need about 300K rows, is there a way I can get
more? Thanks!

Jim Thomlinson

Need more rows

If you can use a pivot table then you are not limited to 65k rows. The pivot
cache is only bounded by memory so you can potentially have over a million
rows in xl2003...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Lindsey" wrote:

I have a lot of data and I need about 300K rows, is there a way I can get
more? Thanks!

Michelle Mathews

Need more rows

If you have Excel 2003 and you are limited to 65,536 rows you might think of
using a Pivot Table.
--

"Lindsey" wrote:

Yes, I have the 2003. I wish I had 2007, but it is not my choice. :(

"Mike H" wrote:

Buy Excel 2007

"Lindsey" wrote:

I have a lot of data and I need about 300K rows, is there a way I can get
more? Thanks!

Sean Timmons

Need more rows

You can use MS Access. Many rows available there. Depends on what you are
trying to accomplish.

"Lindsey" wrote:

Yes, I have the 2003. I wish I had 2007, but it is not my choice. :(

"Mike H" wrote:

Buy Excel 2007