-   -   copy every 3rd row to empty rows below (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/203400-copy-every-3rd-row-empty-rows-below.html)

Annette(Omaha)

copy every 3rd row to empty rows below

I have an Excel 2003 spreadsheet that has data in every 3rd row, and this
data needs to be copied to the 2 blank rows below the rows with data. I need
help creating a macro to complete this task.

Jim Thomlinson

copy every 3rd row to empty rows below

You don't really need a macro. Select the entire column. Hit F5 - Special
Cells - Blanks - Ok. All of the blanks will be selected. Type = and then
hit the up arrow to refrence the cell above. Hit Ctrl+Enter. The formula is
now in all of the blank cells. Copy and paste special values and you are
done. If you want you can record a macro while doing this to get a start on
an automated solution.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Annette(Omaha)" wrote:

I have an Excel 2003 spreadsheet that has data in every 3rd row, and this
data needs to be copied to the 2 blank rows below the rows with data. I need
help creating a macro to complete this task.

Don Guillett

copy every 3rd row to empty rows below

Examples of layout and before/after

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Annette(Omaha)" wrote in message
I have an Excel 2003 spreadsheet that has data in every 3rd row, and this
data needs to be copied to the 2 blank rows below the rows with data. I
need
help creating a macro to complete this task.

Annette(Omaha)[_2_]

copy every 3rd row to empty rows below

This worked great! Thank you Jim