-   -   automatic data transfer (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/203295-automatic-data-transfer.html)

bigonlif

automatic data transfer

How do I input data on one worksheet and have it appear on the next four
sheets? Copy and Paste is tricky between sheets and forgets itself if I
dawdle. Is there a way to do that instead of re-entering all of it again?

Pete_UK

automatic data transfer

You can put this formula in A1 of Sheet2:

=IF(Sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1)

and then you can copy it across and down to suit your requirements.
You can do the same for the other 3 sheets. It will not copy the
formatting, though (you can't do that with a formula).

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Sep 21, 1:22*am, bigonlif
wrote:
How do I input data on one worksheet and have it appear on the next four
sheets? *Copy and Paste is tricky between sheets and forgets itself if I
dawdle. * Is there a way to do that instead of re-entering all of it again?

bigonlif

automatic data transfer

will it copy to result of a fomula?

wrote:
How do I input data on one worksheet and have it appear on the next four
sheets? Copy and Paste is tricky between sheets and forgets itself if I
dawdle. Is there a way to do that instead of re-entering all of it again?

bigonlif

automatic data transfer

While we are at it......if I change the number on sheet one will it
automatically update the rest of the sheets?

wrote:
How do I input data on one worksheet and have it appear on the next four
sheets? Copy and Paste is tricky between sheets and forgets itself if I
dawdle. Is there a way to do that instead of re-entering all of it again?

Jman

automatic data transfer

It should update automatically to all the sheets that you entered the
formula the poster above gave you.

wrote:
How do I input data on one worksheet and have it appear on the next four
sheets? Copy and Paste is tricky between sheets and forgets itself if I
dawdle. Is there a way to do that instead of re-entering all of it again?

Pete_UK

automatic data transfer

The easiest way of getting answers to these questions is to try it out
- the answer is Yes.

Pete

wrote:
How do I input data on one worksheet and have it appear on the next four
sheets? *Copy and Paste is tricky between sheets and forgets itself if I
dawdle. * Is there a way to do that instead of re-entering all of it again?- Hide quoted text -