-   -   Need to add every third value in a row of data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/203144-need-add-every-third-value-row-data.html)

baurian

Need to add every third value in a row of data

Hi,

I need to add every third value in a row of data and I do not know how.

Thank you,

Benedict

Pete_UK

Need to add every third value in a row of data

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW(A1:A100),3)=0),A1:A100)

Assumes you are trying to add from column A - adjust to suit. It will
add rows 3, 6, 9, 12 etc.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Sep 19, 3:02*pm, baurian wrote:
Hi,

I need to add every third value in a row of data and I do not know how.

Thank you,

Benedict

Pete_UK

Need to add every third value in a row of data

Just noticed you said the data is in a row. Change the formula to
this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(COLUMN(A2:AA2),3)=0),A2:AA2)

This looks at row 2 and adds every third column from C onwards.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Sep 19, 3:16*pm, Pete_UK wrote:
Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW(A1:A100),3)=0),A1:A100)

Assumes you are trying to add from column A - adjust to suit. It will
add rows 3, 6, 9, 12 etc.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Sep 19, 3:02*pm, baurian wrote:

Hi,

I need to add every third value in a row of data and I do not know how.

Thank you,

Benedict- Hide quoted text -

baurian

Need to add every third value in a row of data

Thank you, Pete. It works with numbers; it does not seem to work with (date
time) in the cell.

Benedict

On Sep 19, 3:16 pm, Pete_UK wrote:
Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW(A1:A100),3)=0),A1:A100)

Assumes you are trying to add from column A - adjust to suit. It will
add rows 3, 6, 9, 12 etc.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Sep 19, 3:02 pm, baurian wrote:

Hi,

I need to add every third value in a row of data and I do not know how.

Thank you,

Benedict- Hide quoted text -

Peo Sjoblom[_2_]

Need to add every third value in a row of data

If they are Excel data/times they are numbers, maybe you only need to format
it the right way like [h]:mm etc or
maybe they are text but look like numerical dates times?

Peo Sjoblom