-   -   Pull corresponding data from drop down list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/203089-pull-corresponding-data-drop-down-list.html)

SeeStation

Pull corresponding data from drop down list

I created a list of part numbers and prices on one worksheet,"PriceList" in
two columns. (A=Name, B=$) On another worksheet "Configure", in the same
workbook I have one cell that is a drop down list of the part names(P2). I
want the next cell over (Q2) to pull the corresponding price when I choose
the part number from the list. Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Dave Peterson

Pull corresponding data from drop down list

=if(p2="","",vlookup(p2,configure!a:b,2,false))

Debra Dalgleish has lots of notes on =vlookup() and =index(match()) he
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html (for =vlookup())
and
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html (for =index(match()))
and
http://contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html#Trouble

--

Dave Peterson

SeeStation

Pull corresponding data from drop down list

Fantastic!