-   -   Copy text from one worksheet to another (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/203034-copy-text-one-worksheet-another.html)

Gina

Copy text from one worksheet to another

I need text info (name and department) to automatically populate a cell in
Sheet 2, when I input the info into Sheet 1. Please tell me there is a way
to do this without writing code.

Thank you in advance.

Bob I

Copy text from one worksheet to another

Select the Cell to be populated in Sheet 2, press =, click the Tab for
Sheet 1, select the Cell where the info is to be entered. Press Enter.

Gina wrote:

I need text info (name and department) to automatically populate a cell in
Sheet 2, when I input the info into Sheet 1. Please tell me there is a way
to do this without writing code.

Thank you in advance.

Gina

Copy text from one worksheet to another

It populated the field with this: =Sheet1!C7

Gina wrote:

I need text info (name and department) to automatically populate a cell in
Sheet 2, when I input the info into Sheet 1. Please tell me there is a way
to do this without writing code.

Thank you in advance.

Bob I

Copy text from one worksheet to another

Correct, it would appear that you are planning to type your info into
Cell C7 on Sheet 1. Please do so, and observe that the info appears in
that cell on Sheet 2.

Gina wrote:

I need text info (name and department) to automatically populate a cell in
Sheet 2, when I input the info into Sheet 1. Please tell me there is a way
to do this without writing code.

Thank you in advance.

Gina

Copy text from one worksheet to another

I don't know what I did wrong before, but it does indeed work!!!

Thank you!

Gina wrote:

I need text info (name and department) to automatically populate a cell in
Sheet 2, when I input the info into Sheet 1. Please tell me there is a way
to do this without writing code.

Thank you in advance.

Bob I

Copy text from one worksheet to another